Looking for a quick and healthy recipe with a twist? I’ve got one for you! The folks at Sam’s Salsa are hosting a recipe contest and sent me some of their amazing mango salsa for the challenge! I was so impressed with the taste and freshness of this salsa and immediately had so many recipe ideas floating in my head! However, as a working mom with busy kids, I am always on the lookout for simple, delicious, and healthy meals. This pork chop recipe checks all those boxes! I baked my pork chops in the oven, but they’d taste just as delicious cooked on the grill.
Island Teriyaki Pork Chops
- 1 12 oz. container Sam's Fresh Mango salsa 1/4 cup reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set aside 1/4 c. of the salsa and pour the rest into a food processor. Pulse several times until salsa becomes smooth. Add teriyaki sauce and brown sugar and pulse again to combine.
- Place pork chops into a baking dish. Season with salt & pepper. Cover with the salsa mixture and let marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Transfer pork chops to a baking sheet and discard the remaining marinade. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Garnish with reserved salsa and cilantro.
I served my chops with a simple slaw on the side. You could also serve rice, black beans, or roasted potatoes. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!
Want to learn more? Check out Sam’s Fresh Salsa online, on Facebook, and on Instagram. You can purchase Sam’s Fresh Salsa at: ShopRite, Acme, and Safeway. If they are not in your local store, ask them to carry Sam’s Fresh Salsa products!