Is it ever too early to start thinking about holiday menus? I think not! As soon as fall comes around my thoughts immediately turn to Thanksgiving, and this cheese ball is always a hit. I’m not 100% sure of this recipe’s origin, but I’m going to bet it was my aunt’s because I have it down in my recipe book as “Aunt Susan’s Cheese Ball.” The Christmas when I was pregnant with my oldest, even though my mom had a huge spread of delicious Polish food (including kielbasa and pierogis), this was the only thing I could bare to eat.
Granted, if you’re a health nut, you will likely turn up you nose. That’s okay because it means there is just more for the rest of us! I usually make this at Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, but it makes a great cheese spread all year long.
- 2 Tbsp. dehydrated onion flakes
- 12 shakes garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 jar Kraft Roka Blue Cheese
- 1 jar Kraft Old English Cheese
- chopped walnuts or fresh herbs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Roll into a ball or log.
- Cover with chopped walnuts or parsley. Serve with a variety of crackers.