Yesterday I had a work event in the morning and we all were supposed to bring something brunchy. I knew one of the people attending was vegan and I wanted to make sure whatever I brought was something she could eat. These breakfast squares checked all the boxes! They are compliant, delicious, and made with pantry staples. I may not be vegan, but I will definitely be making these again.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
- Stand Mixer
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread. Bake for 25-28 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan at room temperature for about an hour and ten chill in the refrigerator for at least another hour (it is easier to cut the squares when they are cold).
- Lift the parchment and bars from the pan and cut into 16 squares. Squares can be warmed in the toaster oven or microwave to take the chill off. Store leftovers in the fridge.
These were a big hit and I liked that they were not overly sweet.