Maybe this week I’ll actually post something besides my meal plan, but at least it’s a start! I’ve been reading Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes and I highly recommend it, especially if you’re interested in nutrition, government, and politics. It is certainly having an effect on the choices I make for our meals. I’ve heard that Taubes’ recent book Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It is excellent too, and not as hard to get through as GCBC.
Anyway… I’m pretty lax about the end of the week, since it’s just me, Noah, and Laura. Drew and Jake will be on a Cub Scout camp-out, so I intend to treat N. a little bit 🙂 Our CSA pick up is on Tuesday, so I’m curious what will be in our second share. I’m ready to start pickling some vegetables, and I’m going to start with turnips if they’re available.
Today I’m not feeling great, so I’m indulging in some comfort food. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow!
- Sunday: Tacos
- Monday: Grilled chicken paninis with fresh mozzarella and roasted red peppers, broccoli-cheese soup (crock pot)
- Tuesday: Gyros in the crock pot (without the pita), avgolemono
- Wednesday: Copycat PF Chang’s lettuce wraps
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: playing it by ear
- Saturday: playing it by ear
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.