Seen all around…
Where did you grow up? Three Rivers, Mass.
WHAT DO YOU CALL…
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. Whats the thing you push around the grocery store is called?
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
A lunch box.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
A grinder. (Though Westchester has rubbed off on me and I will say “Wedge” on occasion).
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
Cleats or sneakers, depending on the sport
13. Putting a room in order?
Tidying up (if I’m just doing it quick — otherwise cleaning)
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
15.The children’s playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
16. How do you eat your pizza?
17. What’s it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
18. What’s the evening meal?
Now I say “dinner” but growing up it was “supper.” I hate the way “supper” sounds though.
19. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
A water fountain.
20. What do you call the clothing covering for legs worn on the outside?
3 thoughts to “What do you call…”
I don’t like the way the word “supper” sounds, either. It reminds me of slopping pigs for some reason, and I never grew up on a farm.
my answers are on my blog 🙂
Oh I call them fireflies too… not just lightning bugs