Need a delicious recipe for a brunch or a light dinner? Quiche is one of my go-to options because it can be made ahead of time and is delicious with a side salad in the summer or a cup of soup in the cooler months. This is a recipe I worked on with my son when he was in middle school. It actually won him a prize at a “Top Chef” contest that was judged by chefs from local restaurants! I hope you enjoy it
Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- 9-in refrigerate pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (half-and-half may be subsituted)
- 4-5 pieces cooked bacon
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion thily sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Roma tomato dliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the thyme. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix heavy cream, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Layer Swiss cheese slices, crumbled bacon, bacon, onion, and spinach over the pie crust. Pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over the top. Arrange tomato slices over the top.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for at least 20 min. Cut into wedges.