Oh, This Week…

Foggy drive to Cold Spring

This week started out OK. Busy, but OK. I had every intention of getting a HHM post up on Monday. That didn’t happen. I was going to post something on Tuesday, but by the time I got everything done and had the time, I literally fell asleep. That brings us to yesterday.

Oh Wednesday. It is not my favorite day of the week, and yesterday was pretty much the worst. We started out with a 2-hour delay for school. I wasn’t expecting it and that totally threw off my entire schedule. I had a lot of things I wanted to do early and they fell by the wayside. Another wrench in the day was that I am usually off on Wednesdays, but I had a meeting at another library about an hour away. Not a huge deal. I was ready to make it work, go to the meeting, and then treat myself to a fancy coffee on the way home and then still have a little time for crafting before the kids got home from school. 

Nope. That didn’t happen either. One of the attendees was an hour late.


But I got through it. Got Laura off the bus. Helped her with her homework. Drove her to religion. Came home. Made dinner. Cleaned up. Then it was time to go and pick up Jake from pit orchestra rehearsal. Here’s where the day got really wonderful. *Sense my sarcasm.*

Yesterday was rainy and foggy. Very foggy, as you can see in the photo at the top of this blog post. That was midday and I could barely see. So just imagine a windy, country road with no streetlights. A dark-as-molasses night. And thick fog with limited visibility. Then imagine a deer suddenly appears in the middle of road. Yes, I laid on the horn, I slowed down, I swereved, but the stupid thing still ran right into my car.

Thankfully I am fine, and the damage to my car isn’t awful. It’s totally driveable, which is the most important thing. I can deal with my banged-up fender for a while. 

So, we got home and I was not very happy so I couldn’t get to sleep, and around 10 p.m. I heard that sound that every mother hates to hear. Yes, one of the kids was sick. At first we thought maybe dinner wasn’t setting well but over the course of the night it was apparent that this was a stomach bug. So poor Jake is home from school and will have to miss his choral concert tonight. He’s exhausted, but hopefully on the upswing. 

There have been so many awful flus, bugs, colds, and illness going around this winter. I can’t stand it! I just hope this doesn’t go through the whole house. 

In the meantime, I should probably get back to bleaching and spraying down the house with Lysol!

Leave a Reply