My crustless pizza casserole was delicious, though! Next time I make it I’ll take measurements and photos and post the recipe. It really is a delicious way to get all the flavor of pizza without the extra carbs. (Plus, it was less messy to eat!)
Lunches are typically a big salad (my standard is organic mixed greens with goat cheese, poached chicken, walnuts, dried cranberries, and balsamic dressing). With the cold weather very clearly here I’m making a lot of soups, and often have a cup to go with that salad. For example, this morning I am roasting butternut squash and onions. I’ll add that to my homemade chicken stock along with some curry powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whatever else sound good, puree it, and have a delicious autumn soup. Cream of broccoli is another favorite that is simple to make. I love soup!
Anyway, here’s the general idea:
- Sunday: Crustless pizza casserole, salad
- Monday: Cube steaks with mustard gravy, steamed broccoli, salad
- Tuesday: Chicken Marsala over cauliflower puree, green beans, salad
- Wednesday: Steak. Whether I cook it, order out, or go to a restaurant I am having a big old steak for my birthday! And a big salad. And probably broccoli. Maybe a baked potato if I’m feeling naughty. And this Atkins-friendly pumpkin cheesecake.
- Thursday: Roast chicken with vegetables, salad
- Friday: Reuben meatloaf, steamed veggies, cole slaw
- Saturday: Asian chicken lettuce wraps
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.