I figured that since I’m skipping out on the current Secret Pal round, I can have a little fun with the autumn dishcloth exchange! Here is my questionnaire:
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I have been knitting since November 2005. I do not crochet because try as I might, I just can’t get the hang of it.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? Oh, I make lots of dishcloths! I don’t always remember to photograph them, but a few are in their own Flickr set. I make them both for myself and for gifts.
3. What’s your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven’t before ? I have a large Sugar & Cream/Peaches & Cream stash, so I’m working my way through that. There isn’t any one particular brand of cotton I’ve been dying to try, but it is always fun to knit with something new.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I like different needle for different tasks. I tend to use aluminum straights for dishcloths because the cotton slides easier, but I like my Denise set (which I guess would qualify as plastic) and bamboo is always lovely to use as well.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don’t like much? I love jewel tones and earth tones. Fall colors are my favorites: the deep reds, browns, greens… I’m kind of hot on those right now.
6. What do you like best about Autumn? My birthday, ha ha ha! Well, that is partly true, as my birthday is Oct. 26th. But mostly I love the cooler weather and all the fun activities — apple picking, jumping in leaf piles, Halloween… it’s all good!
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! Apple, please! I love pecan too, but it’s soo rich.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn’t wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I loved school and could not wait to go back.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) I’ve already started buying Halloween decorations for our house, hee hee!
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible ‘goodies’ to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Snickers, M&Ms, and sour gummy watermelons
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? 😉 I have one husband, two little boys (age 5 and 2), a cat, and a goldfish.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? I would say wool because it can be soft, yet it can also be irritating at times.
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Mostly as facecloths, but they do get used as dishcloths as well.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving because I am sappy and love getting together with my family and cooking and relaxing. I love traditions, and Thanksgiving is full of them, from watching the Macy’s parade, to making celery stuffed with cream cheese, to the turkey sandwich before bed, to pouring over the Black Friday circulars. I can’t wait!
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? Aside from cigarette smoke, nope!