The last week has just flown by. We’ve been keeping busy over here, thus the lack of blogging. Let’s see…
- Sunday we celebrated my mother-in-law’s birthday with brunch at Crabtree’s Kittle House. It was fun visiting with everyone, but I think it is way overpriced. While I enjoyed everything, I have to say that I think I enjoy brunch at our nearby Double O Grill just as much (and it’s less than half the price). I would not have minded paying that kind of money for a fancy dinner, but… brunch? However, the point was to celebrate Drew’s mom and she enjoyed herself so that’s really all that matters.
- Drew and I saw G.I. Joe and Transformers 2 at the drive-in on Tuesday. Well, I fell asleep during T2, but… G.I. Joe was entertaining. Poorly written, but fun anyway. I forgot to bring insect repellent, though, and just about got eaten alive by mosquitoes. You should see my feet and legs! Oh, the itching is awful. I bought some Calamine lotion today, hoping it will help.
- I’ve had the hiccups all day. As I type, this is the fourth time they’ve returned.
- We had a leak in our bedroom. The plumber finally sent someone over to fix our central air, and naturally we ran it because it’s been so freaking hot & humid. That night we got some nasty thunderstorms so we turned the unit off. The next morning we put it back on because we were told to run it for a while. That afternoon Drew went upstairs and then I heard him come running down. He’d heard a noise in our bedroom, looked in, and saw this:
It was dripping onto the bed. Onto my side of the bed. Quickly, we turned off the A/C and called the contractor. They fixed it yesterday and so far so good. Turns out he never sealed the joint on a pipe. Sigh… At any rate at least it’s all working again.
- We’re gearing up for the big birthday/baptism weekend. Tomorrow is Jake’s birthday. Sunday is Laura’s baptism. Monday is Noah’s birthday. We’re having our family up on Sunday for the baptism, obviously, and we’ll celebrate the boys’ birthdays as well. Of course I’ve also got some special stuff in the work for their actual birth days.
- Because of the influx of cake, ice cream, and food that might not be the healthiest, I got a copy of the infamous 30 Day Shred. I’m going to start it in September after all the parties are done. I think I’ll stick to exercise and correcting my eating habits rather than investigating fat burner supplements.
- I guess that’s about it. Or at least all I can think of right now. It might be slow here over the next couple of weeks as summer winds down. School doesn’t start until Sept. 9th, so we want to pack in a bunch of things before then.
- And last, but certainly not least, a very happy birthday to my mom today. I love you!