OK, so we don’t leave until tomorrow morning and West Point is not far at all, but I really can’t wait to go. Some things I am looking forward to:
- Sleeping past 4:30 or 5 AM.
- Going to the bathroom without having to protect the TP from N.
- Eating while sitting down
- Not having to coax anyone off of the table
- No crying/whining for 24+ hours
- Not having to spend every waking minute of the day picking crap up off the floor
- Not having to listen to children’s music or watch children’s programming
- Not stepping on any Lego blocks
Simple pleasures, I tell you. Your entire perspective changes once you become a parent. Five years ago, none of these things would even have crossed my mind; I’d be looking forward eating at nice restaurants, enjoying the Hudson River views, going on tours, shopping, and so forth. And yes I’m looking forward to all that too, but they’re not the first things that come to my mind anymore. Of course I’m sure I’ll miss my little guys, but they’ll be having a great time with Grandma. And we all need to get away from it all once in a while.
I can’t wait!!!