If you celebrated Easter yesterday, I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday! We spent the day with my husband’s family. The kids all loved the annual egg hunt and were thrilled to find money in a few eggs (no military coins, though). My MIL sent us home with a huge container of ham, so I can’t wait to make some split-pea soup. It also saves me a trip to the deli counter — the boys love ham sandwiches for lunch.
So this week is all about getting back into routines. School is back in session, vacation is over, and we’re back to the daily grind. And that’s fine by me! The first thing I did was draft up this week’s meal plan:
- Sunday: Easter at my in-laws’
- Monday: Creamy Indian-spiced lentils, rice, plain yogurt, cucumber salad
- Tuesday: Split pea soup with ham, rosemary bread, green salad
- Wednesday: Garlic-rosemary pork chops, applesauce (only 2 jars left from last fall), rice, cole slaw
- Thursday: Take-out (?)
- Friday: Baja fish tacos, black bean & orzo salad
- Saturday: Turkey burgers, fries, steamed veggies
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.