Good afternoon! Monday already, is it? Wow, we had a busy weekend. I’m not even sure where we were or what we did, but it definitely sped by. I’m feeling kind of disorganized today. We’re trying to get back into a good grocery shopping rhythm and I am just finally making my list and menu plan now before I head out later this afternoon.
I’ve got a few new recipes to try this week. Naturally I found them on Pinterest! Actually, I had the cod dish at my parents’ (my mom got it off of my sister-in-law’s Pinterest… ha!) and it was so amazingly good that I just have to make it again.
Here’s what I plan on cooking:
- Monday: Something easy for the kids (I might bring home take-out Mexican for me & Drew)
- Tuesday: Italian chicken with artichokes, roasted broccoli, salad
- Wednesday: Oven “Fried” Cod, roasted red potatoes, some sort of vegetable, salad
- Thursday: Grilled steak, broccoli & cheese quinoa casserole, salad
- Friday: Soup & sandwiches/salad (I’ll figure it out)
- Saturday: Mini-meatloaves or salisbury steak with caramelized onion gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli & carrots
I also think I’ll be making some banana bread because I’m tired of looking at the bananas in my freezer. As for soup… roasted butternut squash soup in definitely in my plan, but I’m not sure that will make it until Friday. Maybe I’ll do a tortellini soup with spinach. I’ll see what we get from the farm share this week before I make a decision. I also think I have to make another dish of peach dump cake. I am so addicted!
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday feature.